Thursday, March 8, 2012

Color Portraits

Someone I know:
This is my roommate Michelle. She is not known for her smiling picture but her funny pictures. Out of all the pictures I took of her I loved her "Asian" picture. She loves being asian, flaunting it and having fun with it. 

Someone I don't know:

This is my stranger and new friend, Maya. I actually know her roommate from last year. After talking to her for more than ten minutes I found out that she is from Mexico and she wants to become an international counselor for BYU! Her family lives in New Zealand but she is pure Mexican. I'm glad I got a new friend. 

Me but NOT me:
After looking at the portraits from last semester I found out I really liked the idea of the long exposure and being a ghost. So, I tried it. This picture is not me because I am not transparent like a ghost and I don't allow anyone to affect me personally. I know who I am and my personality makes me human and not a ghost. 

I really enjoyed this lesson. I love portraits and the process is quite creative but fun. It taught me how to step out of my comfort zone and find a stranger. Definitely something I am NOT used to but I'm glad I did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment